Monday, July 6, 2009

Petunia Festival



Every year, as part of the Fourth of July festivities, the people of Dixon have their "Taste of Chicago"-like event . I happened to go on the first day of festivities so there wasn't too much going on since the carnival part hadn't opened up, but as you would expect at an event like this, there was an assortment of overpriced food vendors and kiddie entertainment





The event took place right by Dixon high school (pictured above) which looks more like a castle than a school. I hear that it's not the best school district (of course this was told to me by a doc who was responding to my comment that his eldest college-bound son was probably a pretty bright kid).



One of the "games" there was this nifty contraption. Yes, that's a toilet on top.



As my contribution to the Dixon economy, I purchased this 10'' Italian Sausage for 7.00 (which isn't all that bad for an event like this) but my stomach was questioning the decision beginning from the first bites. Still, after downing a smoothie that was supposed to be a berry blend but tasted like bubble gum instead, I was able to keep things under control.

No comments: