Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weddings!

A good high school friend of mine got married today.

Ah, there's so much I could say about today. I got to stand in a wedding for the first time, and, admittedly, there's something unexplainable about watching a friend stare into the eyes of the love of his life. As Hugo says in Les Miserables, it's one of those moments when the infinite above comes in contact with the infinite below. Hugo uses these words to describe prayer but I'd argue that it's just as applicable when it comes to love.

Bride and Groom





Turns out that I was the only high school friend there which placed me at a wonderful awkward and lonely position considering that most of the young people there were either college friends or part of the extended family. Still, at any given moment, it was hard not to be happy for my friend and it's nice how in celebrating the guests of honor, it becomes much easier to forget momentary discomforts. Plus, it's always fun to hear potentially embarrassing family stories.

Groom and Best Man, the morning of



Wedding Cake-- white, carrot, and chocolate



Rehearsal Dinner-- Hanger Steak



Oak Community Church-- listed as Hinsdale Baptist in my GPS (another one of those denominational drops)

No comments: