Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stupid homeless people

Two classmates were in the computer lab talking about the upcoming small group discussion on TB. One of the risk factors is being in close contact with those that might have it...for example, being around homeless people. I am working on some summer applications involving experiences in underserved areas. i am working feverishly but, by virtue of proximity, am not excluded from the conversation.

A classmate of mine says he has TB. It's stupid, he says. He never had it before and then he volunteers at a homeless shelter and then he tests positive soon after. I'm never doing that again, he says in his fluent but fob-accented English. Yeah, he continues half-chuckling, I bet they were intentionally trying to give me TB.

Stupid homeless people, I say sarcastically.

No comments: