Friday, August 22, 2008

"Cooking" v.1.0

Tonight I cooked my first meal in the dorm kitchen down here. If any of you know me, you can probably guess what went in it. I also recently got a new camera, to replace the one that died two years ago. I claim neither to be a good photographer nor a culinary god. Still, everyone likes visuals so here you go:
















I don't even know if the ingredients I put in really go together (ginger, garlic, and honey were fine...but white pepper?). It's been a while since I've cooked for myself like this. As a result, the extra water I added to dilute the soy sauce and the excessive amount of onions thwarted any attempts to pan-fry the chicken breasts. I was also too lazy to flatten them out or cut them into smaller pieces so I ended up over-cooking them (in an addition to the green onions) in an attempt to makes sure the insides were cooked. I suppose the only criteria for a dish like this is: am I okay eating this for the next few days?

No comments: