Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More classroom tidbits

Today, the TAs for the different classes came in to talk about what to expect from classes and how to interact wiht professors/TAs.

The TA from Medical Statistics admitted that his class was the one that receives the least attention, concisely calling the course "not a ball-breaker." Upon uttering this last phrase, he paused to think about what he wanted to say next, and, as the snickers and outright laughter permeated the lecture hall, turned to the dean heading up the Q&A session and said, "does this need to be censored?"

One of the biochemistry TAs, an enthusiastic Indian chap clearly from overseas, was prompted by the dean, "I have all these stupid questions that need answers. Where can I get help? Who can I go to?" Almost immediately the student began his response with "You can still ask them..."

Free lunches are nice, but, Lord willing, I think I'm going to boycott pizza for the rest of the semester.

No comments: