Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Basketball Jones saga continues: in which I find someone with a helluva lot more basketball jones than me

Tonight at the Y I met JJ who recently moved to the area from Wisconsin. He played college ball at a DII school in Wisconsin as well as football. In short, he was much better then the three of us who played with him, but I haven't had this much fun playing competitively since the last time I played ball with a whole bunch of superiorly-athletic black people last summer. And the best part of all of this is that we may finally have ourselves some regularly ballers at the Y. Is JJ holding back at times? Sure. Do I still need to develop an inside game? Definitely. Do I still need to add some more muscle so my skinny frame doesn't go flying against the wall at the slightest bump? You betcha.

I guess if there is a silver lining in my game it's that I've managed to develop a somewhat consistent mid-range game. The lost art just so happens to be my only art.

No comments: